Monday, August 07, 2006

A Good Day

Today was a good day. I visited a new church. From what I found out, I guess I went to the "traditional" service. They had a synthesizer. Enough said. But the sermon was good. I might try out the "contemporary" service next week - supposedly they have "younger people" and "different music" according to the woman I met during meet & greet. After church, I went to a lei-making class... check out what I made!Then, this evening, Shad and I were supposed to go to visit one of Japan's merchant marine training vessels. I went! It was really cool :) Here's the Nippon Maru

Here's the captain and I... He was a ton friendlier than he looked... he kept serving me different kinds of food - from shrimp tempura to the delicious oden soup! Believe it or not, I even tried some eel - it was good, as long as I could get over the fact it was eel! And everyone kept telling me how nutritious it is, especially in summer...
And, for those of you who know Japan, I tried some Ramune soda tonight and loved it! It was a wonderful day :)

No comments: