Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Front Page of the Hawaii Tribune-Herald

So I got up this morning, got the paper, and what is the top headline?

"Pot-eradication program axed" - underneath it "County Council votes against funding for 'Green Harvest' helicopter operations"

Sure enough, I guess there were "complaints of privacy intrusions and alleged police harassment". (Just like Gloria had said)

But this leads me to the next question...



What do we protest now?




Which leads us to the next article/main picture on the front page of the paper - "Breastfeeders Unite: Moms, supporters take to library to task over its baby-feeding policy; Hilo librarian says policy changed."

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow. So many thoughts - I don't know where to start:

* Does Gloria feel that she was a part of democracy in action?

* I went to the Tribune-Herald website to see the article you mentioned

* I can't believe the kid holding the sign "Live and Let Suck" LOL

* I also like the quote from Wrenn Bunker, a Hilo High freshman.

"I actually think it's a great thing to have for babies," he said. "There (are) a lot of babies that are being malnutritioned because the babies don't breast feed."

* Are you being malnutritioned??