Saturday, July 01, 2006
Knee Update.
Seeing most of the teams I was cheering for in the World Cup are now out of the running I have nothing much to do with my time. So you get a knee update. The doctors still have no idea whats going on. That goes to say that the incision they made in my shin area isnt healing normally. Ask Julie. It looks like a crater or maybe a volcano that goozes brown stuff. Great isn't it. But they dont think it holds infection anymore so thats good. The knee itself is still very very stiff. In Physical Therapy (PT) they like to hold down my calf and try to raise my ankle, but my muscles throw a huge fit of pain and resistance that that isn't doing the job like they hoped it would. So if I am not able to get my leg fully straight (I think while walking which is nearly impossible for me right now) if I'm not able to do that on my own free ability I will have to go under again and when the muscles have no more control they have to fully flex and fully extend my leg the whole possible range of motion. That doesn't sound all that bad because I wouldn't feel a thing. BUT, I would be breaking up adhesions and scar tissue that has formed in my knee causing pain/discomfort on some level. So thats whats going on so far. This deciding appointment is on Thursday (July 6). I hope to call or in some way inform you of what happens but I don't know how much I will want to talk about it. So yeah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment