Sunday, July 09, 2006

YAY!

So last week Thursday Julie and I went to my doctor to see what he thought of my progress, if i would have to get another procedure done, see how the "infection" is clearing up, and the status on me going back to work. So Julie and I wated about a little over an hour just before we got to another room. Fun. Then once in that room we froze which isn't that bad but cold on my knee makes my mucles tense up a little so its even stiffer yet. I was about this close [---] to flipping out. But my doctor walked in, asked how far I could straighten it. I showed him when a nurse said Dr. MoreImportantThanKt is on the phone. So he left the room. No joke I saw my doctor for less than 5 minutes after waiting about 70+ minutes for him. So the nurse who I had take my stitches out and everything came in the room to see how I was feeling and such. I said that I was feeling fine and asked her about when I would be able to get back to work. She asked why I was so anxious to get back to work. I stated that I'm not the person who likes to do nothing for 5 weeks+. I don't even like to stand still for more than about 10 minutes at a time and that I was just bored out of my mind and that my company really needed my expierience back because no one else really knows how to manage that property like I do. So she went to ask the doctor and relayed all the information to him. She came back and asked if I would have to lift anything and if so what did it weight. I said well they are prepared to have me lift next to nothing. All I would have to do is carry the spray gun which is about 5lbs max. and a clipboard with maybe 15 papers on it, but not simultaniously. She went to go back and talk to him and another nurse came in and said, "I'm writing out the permission slip for work. Do you want a 5 or 10 lbs limit?" Well I looked over at Julie and asked...Well how much does Mauriella weight? Cause I want permission to hold her from my doctor so mom can't take her away from me! I also asked the nurse if they could also include the suggestion of a pay-raise and promotion in there for me. She laughed and walked away like I was only kidding! LOL. Anyways. I got to go back to work that day and have been working everyday since except today. YAY! So thats the most recent on my knee! Hope you all keep your range moving in your knees or you will start to walk more similar to me!

No comments: